As is common with all popular products, Aimpoint sights are also rampantly copied and counterfeited by unscrupulous vendors to make a quick buck. Aimpoint has put in public domain certain do’s and don’ts while buying sights manufactured by that company.
- The first rule is not to buy from any source other than company authorized dealers.
- The second rule is not be lured by smartly designed glitzy websites having their bases at China, Hong Kong or Korea. These are e-business fronts of most counterfeit producers.
- These usually offer mind blowing discounts. Buyers are strictly warned as the third rule not fall prey to such temptations.
- The fourth rule is not to get carried away by claims of casual vendors that try to explain the unbelievably low price by declaring they had either got those as gifts or won them in some shooting competition or the other.
- The fifth rule is buyers must insist on original user manual and original packing and must not buy unless both of these are provided by the vendor.
- The sixth rule is to search for serial number of the product. Every Aimpiont product has a unique serial number. Any product without a serial number is certainly a fake.
- If the flip covers do not have Aimpoint logo molded on the front portion it is almost certain that the product is counterfeit. This is the seventh item in the checklist.
- Any Aimpoint sight steadily maintains a zero. If the product you are inspecting is not capable of steadily maintaining zero, you can be certain that the product is not original. This is the eighth item of the checklist.
- Ninth item of the checklist is to do a rigorous drop test and subject the product to excessive shocks before buying it. If the product is unable to withstand the punishment it is surely a fake item. Sometimes vendors try to talk away customers from doing this check. Insist on doing so and if there is any resistance on the part of the vendor, just dump the product and walk away.
- Aimpoint products are designed to survive recoil of firearms and if you feel the product would not be able to withstand that stress simply avoid buying it. This is the tenth rule.
- The eleventh rule is to check the batteries as counterfeit items usually have non-standard batteries.
- The twelfth rule is to check whether the battery life imprinted on the product is reasonably correct. If you discover that actually battery life is markedly lesser than imprinted claim, you can be rest assured you have been duped by a fraudster.
- The thirteenth rule and easiest rule is to compare the product with any authentic Aimpoint output by placing both side by side.
- The fourteenth rule is to get the product checked and authenticated by any authorized Aimpoint dealer.
- The fifteenth rule is to verify that the sight does not have anything else other than a red dot.
- The last rule is to check whether the adjustment knob rotates between different settings with resounding and reassuring clicks.
If you are one of the people who belong to the SWAT team or any group relating to the patrolling force, coming across potentially dangerous circumstances are too common and all you could naturally do is to instantly protect yourself. However, without effectual gear, your chances of surviving would be quite smaller. For you to be completely secure, you need to have a grip on an excellent rifle that comes with additional accessories.
A perfect example of an accessory that would best be incorporated in your powerful weapon is one from the EOTech line. This non-magnified optic is perfect for your gear, whatever model you are using whether it is EOTech XPS or EOTech XPS2. You are one lucky person if you possess a handful of this powerful accessory for every gun you possess. To further define this product’s potential, have a look at its particular characteristics.
Technical Features of EOTech XPS2
The EOTech XPS2 presents internal and external features that include:
- Red dot specified sight optic that is much more efficient than an ordinary riflescope. The performance of this optic is guaranteed to be extraordinary and long lasting as it can be used for a lengthy period.
- Larger and better reticle that serves as an easy tool to detect distant objects even while using your weaker eye. If you are aiming or searching for a particular subject, using this super-efficient reticle will be a lot easier.
- Absence of the tube, which makes it, appear short in length.
- Weighs lightly (8 oz) which makes it hassle-free to operate.
- Battery life equipped by CR123 battery that lasts for 600 hours. CR123 battery usually mechanizes several weapon lights and small flashlights.
- Waterproof endurance. Its submersible depth reaches around 10 feet.
- Two essential mounting screws namely thumb screw and Allen screw.
Other advantages of EOTech XPS2
- EOTech is not just a typical device that works plain and simple functions. Aside from its tasks, this sight is also of great advantage because it directly lines up with the shooter’s eye. Therefore, any target you particularly aim is much easier to identify because of the ease it contributes to you.
- The elevation and windage adjustment screws are intentionally recessed to avoid possible turning which will cause accidents. However, if you make necessary changes on its fly, you can easily operate the adjustments without necessarily removing anything.
- Cost effective. This product can be bought at a very reasonable cost. For a price of $500, you will be able to purchase an apparatus that is fairly great when it comes to its functions and qualities.
- EOTech is not only limited to patrol use but can also be utilized for hunting.
- Battery life is measured by hours unlike other company’s optics, which last for years.
- EOTech’s control needs to be pressed hardly.
- Its buttons are made up of rubber and is a bit difficult to handle.
EOTech Line is an incredible option for shooters who need excellent weapon accessories. In spite of the few drawbacks, the EOTech XPS2 works exceptionally great, long lasting and is a real deal.